Bismarck palms are one of the most showy palms we have here at the nursery. If you're looking for a low maintance palm to plant in your yard, this is it!. It hardly ever litters, low maintenance, no sun or winter protection in our area. What more could you ask for?
These palms are sold by size, not by container size. Contact us for more details. Price posted is the price they start at.
Bismarck palm growing tips:
- Full sun anywhere in the U.S.
- Will tolerate frost once fully rooted. We recommend to frost protect its first winter in ground just to be safe.
- Will take around 6 months to 1 year to fully root itself in ground. Until then, no top growth is normal. So, don't panic, patience is all you need :).
- Once rooted in ground, it will grow about 1-3ft a year. And it will reach a height of about 20-30ft with a 10-15ft canopy in our area (Arizona).
- Shallow roots, water frequently. Safe to plant around structures. Do leave some room for future trunk growth as it can get thick.
- It can be container grown. But to get full benefit from the palm, we recommend to plant in ground.
- When planting in ground, make sure to check for drainage (video can be found on our youtube channel) and plenty of organic matter such as compost and top off with mulch.
- Any questions? don't hesitate to send us a message!.
Did you know plants are living beings just like you and I?. For this reason, all our sales are FINAL. Rest assured we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want our plants to live a long happy life!.