- Looking for a flowering shrub? Try this Double Crape Jasmine!. Easy to grow and flowers heavily during the growing season. What more could you ask for?. Clusters of white flowers that look like miniature roses. Not as fragrant as other varieties but they make up for it with their beautiful flowers.
- Double Crape Jasmine Growing Tips:
- Best time to plant: During growing season (50F night temperatures and expected to rise in the next 3 months or so).
- Sun: It can take direct sun up to about 100F. Potted plants will burn easier at higher temperatures while planted (fully rooted) ones may experience mild sun burn. It does well in the shade as well. Full sun will NOT kill your plant... Lack of water will.
- WInter: Protect from frost. It will tolerate cold ambient temperatures in the low 20F's.
- Growth Structure: This is a shrub. It can grow up to about 8ft tall.
- Flowering: It flowers in clusters continuously during the growing season. Flowers are small, white and have a very fragrant scent.
- Root system: Shallow roots, safe to plant around structures.
- Watering: Water frequently, especially during hot weather.
- Fertilization: No especial fertilizers needed. Simply use any slow release fertilizers such as osmocote in containers and in ground (planted) use plain compost and mulch.
- Container grown: It does well in a container due to the type of root system this plant has. Plan on up-potting it as the plant gets older. Bigger pot will NOT make your plant grow faster.
- Personal tip about this plant: This plant does most of its growing during hot night temperatures. If your night temperatures drop, expect growth to slow down. This plant tends to flower more once fully rooted either in a container or in ground. Be patient and give it time to grow.
- Remember, we're always here to answer any questions you may have. Don't wait until your tree is dead to ask questions.
- We can ship this plant anywhere in the U.S.
Double Flowering Crape Jasmine (Tabernaemontana divaricata)
Did you know plants are living beings just like you and I?. For this reason, all our sales are FINAL. Rest assured we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want our plants to live a long happy life!.