- Shippable size available!. Please select 1 gallon during check out. Unable to ship larger sizes. 1 gallon container or equivalent ( tree pot, sleeve, etc)
- Looking for something exotic?. How about something very easy to grow and yet you can still brag to your friends you can grow one of the rarest tropical trees out there?. Ice cream bean tree will give you all that and much more!.
- Ice cream bean ( Ings Edulis ) Tips:
- Best time to plant: Anytime the night temperatures are at least 50F and expected to rise. Never plant close to winter.
- Sun: Full sun, don't plant in shade.
- Winter: Frost sensitive, rooted plant in ground will be cold hardy to low 20F's.
- Growth Structure: Tree like upright growth up to 25-40ft.
- Flowering/Fruiting: They fruit early summer and pods usually are ready for picking late summer/fall.
- Pollination: Self-pollinating.
- Root System: Tap root.
- Watering: In containers water when dry, follow our 50% rule. Once in ground, keep mulch away from trunk and water only when dry using the finger method (Videos available on our youtube channel). Never let water pool around trunk of young seedlings as trunk rot will occur.
- Fertilization: Anything works, yes it's that easy.
- Container grown: This plant doesn't do well in a container long term due to its tap root system. It will grow 10x faster once planted in ground.
- Personal Growing Tips: Growing tips video available on youtube, go check it out!.
ice cream bean tree
Did you know plants are living beings just like you and I?. For this reason, all our sales are FINAL. Rest assured we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want our plants to live a long happy life!.