- If you're going to water something may as well get something out of it right?. Neem tree is a must have in any garden. Not only is the tree very fast growing ans ornamental, it's one of the most useful plants you can have out there. Every part of the tree is beneficial from making toohpaste, shampoo with it to most commonly insecticide and fungicides. All organic straight out of your garden
- Neem growing tips:
- Best time to plant: When night temperatures are at least 50f consistently and expected to rise for at least the next 3 months. (Late spring to mid summer) for most places.
- Sun: Full sun all day long. It tends to grow slow when planted in the shade.
- Winter: Cold sensitive ( watch our cold sensitive videos on youtube)
- Growth Structure: This is a fast growing tree, reaching a max height of up to 100ft (in tropical areas only). Non-tropical areas, tree will be smaller.
- Root system: Tap root.
- Watering: In containers, follow our 50% rule (wait until 50% of the container to dry in between watering). In ground, first season, water shallow and frequently. Stick your finger in the rootball and allow to dry about 6-12" in between watering. Once the tree has been in the ground 1 year+, you will need to deep water. Slow and long watering, but less often. check out our youtube videos.
- Fertilization: In pots, use any slow release fertilizer. In ground, plain compost, mulch is all you need.
- Container growing: We don't recommend growing this tree long term in a pot. They become root bound rather quickly and are more susceptible to cold damage during winter. This tree will NOT reach full size in a container.
- Neem tree personal growing tip: When planting our tree pots in the ground, we recommend frequent watering and some shade for the first summer. Next season it will take full 120f sun all day non-stop. Remember, these smaller plants all it takes is 1 day without water for them to die. While this tree is easy to grow, just like you and I, they will die quickly without water. One of our most cold sensitive plants we carry at the nursery. Keep this in mind when selecting a spot to plant around your yard. While a bigger tree may tolerate a bit more cold, it will never make it without protection.
Remember, we're always here to answer any questions you may have. Don't wait until your tree is dead to ask questio
We can ship this plant anywhere in the U.S.
Neem trees ( Azadirachta indica )
Did you know plants are living beings just like you and I?. For this reason, all our sales are FINAL. Rest assured we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want our plants to live a long happy life!.