- Pandan plant is a popular aromatic tropical herb used in asian cooking. It's most commonly added to rice as flavoring but it can also be used in cooking meats and even added to drinks.
- Pandan Growing Tips:
- Best time to plant: Unless you live in a tropical area (zone 10a+) never plant in ground or it will die without proper cold protection.
- Sun: This plant does well in direct sun light until about 90-100F. Hotter temperatures it will require shade. Or it can also do well in the shade with some bright ambient light. If unsure, simply keep it shaded, can't go wrong that way.
- Winter: Cold sensitive. In our experience, this plant will start to take damage at prolonged exposure to temperatures in the mid 30F's.
- Root system: Shallow, fibrous roots.
- Growth structure: This is naturally a bush growing an average of about 2-3ft tall.
- Watering: In pots, follow our 50-75% rule. That is wait until 50-75% of the pot to dry in between watering. Do not keep wet especially in cooler weather or indoors. Cold and wet will kill this plant fast!. In ground, simply water once about 6-12" of the soil is dry. Don't stress too much about watering as these plants can go dry longer than most plants due to the fact they hold water just like bananas, cacti, etc.
- Fertilization: In containers, any slow release fertilizer will work. In ground, compost and mulch is all you will ever need. No special fertilizers needed.
- Container Grown: This plant grows well in containers. We highly encourage you to keep it potted as it makes it easier to care for during winter time. This plant can live its entire life in a pot no problem.
- Personal Growing Tip: These plants grow mainly when night temperatures are hot. Yes it can also be grown indoors but expect its growth rate to drastically slow down due to the cooler indoor temperatures and lack of light. Our most important tip about this plant is to never keep it wet when it's cold out. Cold+wet=certain plant death. Very easy to grow so, don't over think it :).
Pandan Leaf Plant
Out of Stock
Did you know plants are living beings just like you and I?. For this reason, all our sales are FINAL. Rest assured we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want our plants to live a long happy life!.